We believe that making and arranging music should be an integral part of all students of music. Our workshops and camps give students the skills and techniques to transcribe the music in their mind and expand their vocabulary and knowledge of music through listening, experimenting, and creating.
Being actively involved in the creation of music:
- Wakes up creativity
- Boosts confidence and self-esteem
- Teaches respect towards musical details
- Helps to become a stronger performer
- Improves the retention of music
- Fosters patience and discipline
- Cultivates a sense of ownership
- Lights up imagination
Music Coding Camp
This intensive summer camp gives students an opportunity to have an immersive music learning, listening, collaborating, and creating experience.
Sample of a day schedule:
9:30-11:00 Elements of Music & Music Making (Interactive)
Noon-1:30 Lunch, Outdoors Activity, Quiet Time
2:15-3:00 Practice and Jam
3:00-3:30 Wrap-Up Session
MUSIC CODING & PIANO CODING CAMP 2019
HACKING DATA INTO MUSIC with Judy Twedt:
- At this special workshop with climate scientist, researcher and composer Judy Twedt, students learned how to do data sonification, a process that converts data into music. Students also had a chance to discuss their understandings and concerns regarding climate change with Judy Twedt.
2018 SUMMER MUSIC CODING WORKSHOPS
- Students came for once a week for three weeks for two-hour workshops that focused. In addition to learning about melody, form, harmony, and cadences, there was special emphasis and rhythm and meter comprehension through listening exercises.