By Derek Cannon
Do you ever wish you had a home gym? What about a home office, yoga studio, or space to practice music? You don’t need separate rooms for every interest; instead, you could design a multi-purpose studio. These resources will help you determine which room in your home is best for your studio, what kind of decor and equipment you’ll need, and how to keep it squeaky clean!
Perks of a Multi-Purpose Studio
When you have a multi-purpose studio, you’ll be able to enjoy peace and quiet while focusing on the hobbies you’re most passionate about.
- With your own personal home gym equipment, you can work out whenever you want.
- Having a music studio in your home will help your entire family hone their musical abilities.
- Further everyone’s musical education with online piano lessons from Kristina Lee Music.
- The addition of a multi-purpose studio could boost your home’s appraisal value.
Where to Set Up Your Studio
Is there a space in your home that you don’t get much use out of? It could be the perfect room for your studio!
- Perhaps you rarely venture into your attic now, but if you turn it into a multi-purpose studio, you might end spending a lot more time up there!
- Converting your garage into a music studio can be a terrific option.
- Planning to finish your basement? Keep the costs low with these budgeting tips.
The Right Equipment
It can be tempting to start shopping for your studio right away, but first, you should take some time to research what kind of furniture and gear you’ll actually need to avoid overspending.
- If you’re setting up a fitness corner for your studio, consider purchasing a squat rack, dumbbells, and a pull-up bar.
- To create a music recording studio, you’ll need a digital audio workstation, mics, and acoustic treatments.
- Turn part of your studio into a minimalist home office with a few key supplies.
Studio Cleaning Tips
When you and your family are having fun in your studio, it’s easy to clutter it up! These tips will help make cleaning a priority.
- Try one of these helpful decluttering techniques to organize your studio and prevent messes.
- To protect your family’s health, clean your studio using methods that have been proven to kill COVID-19.
- Freshen up your studio and make it feel more inviting with these natural fragrances.
- You don’t need to go to the store with these DIY formulas to keep your studio virus-free.
If you’re looking for a renovation project that will boost the value of your home and your quality of life, designing a multi-purpose room should definitely be on your to-do list. Whether you want to have a space to exercise, play music, or work remotely, you can do all this and more with a multi-purpose studio!
Derek is an avid DIY room re modeler and interior designer. He loves sharing his hobby and his love with his young son and daughter. He and his wife created hobbyjr.org to encourage everyone to explore a hobby they love.
Photo via Pexels